Experience the Great Indoors
7. Recreate the artwork from the collections of the Wichita Art Museum and Ulrich Museum of Art in your home. The Wichita Art Museum has a plethora of resources for kids, including an iSpy game to play while perusing the Museum’s outdoor sculpture garden.
8. Check out the Douglas Design District’s #RelentlesslyOriginal murals online and color them, too.
9. Purchase postcards from a local business (like The Workroom) and send them to your loved ones near and far.
10. Learn how to sew face masks and donate them to local organizations and hospitals.
11. Listen to the Wichita Symphony Orchestra from home with Sound Post.
12. Make a new friend by writing a letter to a resident at a senior living facility such as Kenwoodview Health and Rehabilitation.
13. Watch live videos by the Sedgwick County Zoo of flamingos, tigers, hippos and more. This is especially useful if you’re going through Tiger King withdrawals.
14. Listen to a new-to-you local band or musician such as Pretend Friend, Harrison Steele or 2020 American Idol contestant Arthur Gunn.
15. Try out a new podcast hosted by locals. The Wichita Eagle compiled a list of 14 regional podcasts hosted by authors, advocates and local professionals.
16. Buy a cookbook from Tanya’s Soup Kitchen and learn how to make their delectable soups, sandwiches and desserts. You can also support local business by ordering take out from a new restaurant or ordering locally roasted coffee online. See resources to support local below.