Choose Wichita > News > 22 Things To Do in Wichita During COVID-19
22 Things To Do in Wichita During COVID-19
Whether you're staying at home with kiddos or doggos, finding things to do is the name of the game. Consider this your COVID-19 bucketlist with activities to do in and outside of your home, including entertainment just for kids (and the young at heart).
1. Appreciate local art by going on a mural crawl along Douglas Avenue or a sculpture walk through Wichita State University's campus. Have you seen the largest mural in the world by a single artist yet? Get to it!
2. Recreate the Wichita flag out of random objects such as twigs, pebbles, cereal or LEGOs.
3. Go for a walk or bike ride and compete with your family to see who can spot the most Wichita flags. Some neighborhoods have their own scavenger hunts and activities, like teddy bears in windows or driveway chalk drawings with uplifting notes.
4. Take advantage of Wichita’s 108 miles of bike paths by exploring a different part of the city.
5. Hammock by the Arkansas River, view the memorials and find the troll.
6. Get a glimpse of the early 1900s by going on a Wichita History Walk through downtown, Delano and College Hill. Download the Pocket Sights app and take a step back in time with historical photos, fun facts and audio commentary.
Experience the Great Indoors
For Kids and the Young at Heart
Resources to support local
SUPPORT #RELENTLESSLYORIGINAL WICHITA FROM ANYWHERE
Whether you’re down the street or across the globe, you can experience what makes the Wichita region #RelentlesslyOriginal. Local artists, musicians, makers and entrepreneurs sell one-of-a-kind products online, so you can discover and support the region during COVID-19 and beyond.
Read the Next Blog